Sunday, July 11, 2010

BANG! kok

LOVE it.

Our bus from Siem Reap to Bangkok was just $8... but for a reason...
SO hot... SO long... SO inefficient. BUT... we're HERE!

Spent last night wandering the infamous Kho San strip and eating street food (pad thai) in an air con McDonalds!

fun night, but we were deadly tired from the night before and from rising early for our million hour bus ride. We went to bed around 11:30 in hopes of waking at 1:30am for the world cup game.
Woke up around 2:00am and dragged our butts back out in the street where we felt sick, boiling hot, and were chairless (it was PACKED). Deliriously we headed back to our bed and decided that we'll stay up for tonight's game instead.

Today thus far...

GREAT day so far.
Woke up and had eggs and toast. Coffee SUCKS here... well, at least the coffee I had.

We split a WHOPPER of a pitcher of watermelon shake which was amazing!
Spent hours there talking about our trip so far.

Stu went back to the room (not feeling too well) and I wandered around shopping.
A guy asked me if I wanted a tattoo, so I went to his parlor out of curiosity and ran into 2 huge guys who gave me an absolutely KILLER story for the newspaper (I think I'm getting my hopes up too high...) Interviewed the guys, took pictures, exchanged info and went back to the hotel.

(The guy's story involves spending a day in a Thai prison... which is why he was in the tattoo parlor, getting 'I've been to jail in Thailand' tattooed on his forearm)

Went back out and looked for a bank that wouldn't charge us a huge fee but to no avail.

The end (so far...!)

2 comments:

  1. Hey Vanessa, I just got a call from an embassy in Thailand... some lady was asking questions about you, and said that you were applying for a passport and had given my name as a reference. (How long had I known you, & verifying my address, & what was your purpose for being in Thailand.) Do you know anything about that? Kinda weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was hoping that the story would end with you saying that you got yourself another tattoo.

    ReplyDelete