Wednesday, July 14, 2010

downtown!

Stuart and I hit downtown Bangkok
amazing!

AMAZING!

So fancy! So high class! Never seen anything like the malls of downtown.

I'm too tired to write much... but I'll write some.

Spent 2 days ago at the Canadian Embassy...
LONG time waiting, but we had a BLAST playing all sorts of card games in the waiting area. Missed playing cards and wondered why we hadn't done it in so long.
Stuart is the worlds best.
We have never had so much fun with each other as we have in Bangkok. I think this is my favorite memory with Stuart so far in our relationship.

We went and saw The A-Team yesterday at the fanciest movie theatre ever!
We both gave it 3/5.
BUT... to be fair, it was a really fun/over the top movie! I would probably see it again.
I tried to convince him to see Eclipse with me but he wouldn't :(

I bought some MAC loose eye shadow in the mall and it's SO pretty.
Mom, if you're reading this, I got some for you and Sharalin!
Even if you're not reading this... I still got you some...

I got some tank tops for about a buck each and they're so pretty!

what else...

we both have no appetite in Bangkok for some reason. Maybe it's the heat or something...

we ate at burger king in the mall. I think that might be my new favorite fast food.
I know what you all are thinking "vanessa, eating a burger?!?!"
but you try eating ethnic food day and night, night and day! A vegetarian would be crying for a whopper!

not sure what else is new.
the place we're staying is really nice.
shared bathroom though, but it's really clean and good.
our air conditioner is either freezing or doesnt work. take your pick.
BUT the beds are nice... but rock hard and the blankets are gross.
Maybe the place isn't that great after all... but it seems great somehow... probably because we've struck out with some of our other places recently.
The showers have warm water, that's a plus!

Oh, getting back to the embassy thing...
I have to renew my stinkin passport which costs an arm and a leg out here because I don't have a gaurantor. BUT it saves the hassle of having to do it back in Canada and waiting forever, right?

It has to be 6 months valid and it's only 6 months valid until august 15. soooo close, and yet, so far from the end of our trip!

I'm not homesick, but for the time being, I feel like I'm so done with traveling. I just want to stay in one spot.. I think that's part of the reason we've been in Bangkok for like 5 days... we both just have a craving to stay in one spot and settle down.
BUT
tomorrow we head for Kho Chang which is supposed to be amazing for snorkeling and scuba!

No comments:

Post a Comment