Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Siem Reaper

Blah, it's soooo hot.
My head pealed yesterday! I looked like I had a skin disease!
Better now.

Yesterday we did a whole lot of biking around and exploring downtown Siem Reap!
It's a fun little town... all tourists...
markets by day... markets by night...
food from Khmer to Pizza to Mexican to French
Things cost significantly more here and that can be attributed to it's booming tourism.
It's not even high season right now and the place is PACKED with whitey's.

Not my favorite place, but then again, we haven't seen it's draw yet: angkor wat.

Yesterday we had mexican for lunch. Margaritas and tacos.
Great tacos.
Sad, sad margaritas.

Wandered around the markets and bought fans. (I know, right?! But it was SO HOT!)

Went back to our beautiful air con room to wait out the heat of the day.
We were going to watch the sun set at Angkor Wat... but we were too late...
We had to go to a bank first but we couldn't find one close by... the sun was getting lower and lower and Angkor was a 7 km bikeride from where we were. siiigh.

BUT we made up for it by having an AMAZING pizza at ''Pizza Company" Something we hadn't done since our Pizza Hut splurge in China.

They had a salad bar (over priced) and you were only allowed to fill up this little dinky bowl. Stuart and I decided to make it our mission to jam as much as we could, and stack as high as we could.
It was fun... but then the manager came and said "You are two people?" and I defensively and nervously said "No!'I'm eating this myself!"
... but he wasn't busting us, just moving us to a smaller table, fewf!

Biked around for a little bit, walked for a little bit, then chatted with our bike rental lady (who is HILARIOUS) before heading home to watch the game (which was on at 1:30)
Needless to say, I fell asleep before 12.

The End!

No comments:

Post a Comment