Monday, June 7, 2010

Goodbye Dear Darling China:



Oh, China, new friend, what can I say?
my heart full of thanksgiving
for showing me your crazy ways
and your peculiar way of living

China, you are pushy
and you spit along the street
you lead me to your restaurants
and your gung bao can't be beat!

You rip down buildings in half the time
than I see construction workers do
and it's sometimes ladies doing the work
and no less, in fancy shoes!

China, you are the cutest children
with such serious little faces
and you're impolite bike riders
that put on no airs or graces!

You expand, expand, expand
tall towers shoot out of the ground
yet you have no decent sewage system
and garbage lies all 'round

Thank you for your willingness
to help when we were lost
and if we had a dime each time you steared us wrong
you could not begin to count the cost

Thank you for your fashion
and for shirts 'english' shirts that made us laugh
thanks for the one animal you treated decently at Beijing zoo:
the tall spotted giraffee

China, there is so much more
that I could go on for hours
but you have been humid and for that
Stu and I need to go take showers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment