Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Markets and Mayhem!

Mui Ne beaches are dirty... there is LOTS of garbage...

Stuart and I tried to go boogie boarding but it was too gross in the water and we kept stepping on plastic bags. We saw a dead jellyfish on the shore, that was interesting! I didn't realize they were such gooey blobs! Did you know they can sting you after they're dead?!
.. and no, I don't know that from experience... thankfully...

We went to the market one day, that was interesting. We went with a Vietnamese family from the resort in their land cruiser. (yes, they're quite wealthy)
The market was FULL of people, none of them white, all of them with a ravinous hunger for fish heads and pigs feet.
It was stinky but it was an experience.
We sacrificed our personal space and were slapped with fish at every turn!
The little girl translated to us that all of the women thought that Stuart was very handsome and they were all giggling and watching him. I looked at them, laughed, rapped my arms around him and kissed him. They thought that was hilarious. (Or they were jealous!!)
By the way, Stuart is tanned and looking amazing... the darkness of his skin makes his icy blue eyes pop and sparkle, but this is not a romance novel (unfortnately) so at present, I will go no further about my hunky hunky husband.

We came home and cooked up a storm....

shoot, I didn't realize the time. We're leaving for Saigon in 2 hours and are nowhere near packed. More later!

ps read the last post if you get a chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment