Monday, June 14, 2010

Notes

Coffee in Vietnam is my FAVE! Cheap, thick and black, and with the option of ice! and whoever thought of putting condensed milk into coffee is a genius!

Hue (and apparently going south) is significantly cheaper than China and is apparently the most expensive place we'll run into in South East Asia.

Average meal: $2.50
Average meal in China: $4-5

Coffee: $ .50
Coffee in China: $3.00

Attractions (on average): a couple of bucks
Attractions (on average) in China: 10-20 bucks

Beer seems to be something people say is way cheaper here than China, but I hate beer so I wouldn't know.

Room rates are pretty similar to China but you get a lot less in general.

I saw my first cockroach (in my bedroom) and I killed it! (are you impessed?!)
... I then went on to search the room front and back, top and bottom for more cockroaches before shoving a towel under the door to deter them!

The woman at our hostel told us that we could get the second night in our hostel for 2 dollars cheaper (not because of the cockroach, but because we asked for a deal), so we all decided to stay another night.
Today she told me (I had not yet paid her) that sorry, I couldn't get that price anymore. Her boss just told her.
I said, excuse me, but you said 9, so I'm paying 9. She said 'yes, but my boss said that's only if you change rooms'. I said 'you never told us that. That's why we stayed here. So I am going to pay you right now and I'm going to pay you 9!'
and I did.
Horray for non-confrontational Vanessa!


Ok, I think that's all I have to say for now...

except for that Vietnam is so incredibly beautiful I can't even handle myself, and apparently we haven't even got to the most beautiful parts (I can't imagine!). It's like Hawaii, Palm Springs, and every other awesome place you could think of, except totally dirt cheap!


Also: baby boys look like little gangstas here and all have shaved heads and chains around their necks (hilarious and adorable)

No comments:

Post a Comment