Thursday, June 24, 2010

Soda/Pop/Fizzy Drink/Soft Drink

Shoot, I am feeling remorseful!
It has been a few days since I've written a proper blog on the many events that have taken place!

Let me describe to you 'the family':

Little girl I: 10 years old. Name: Unpronounceable. Glasses, frizzy hair. She is 'the best in her class' at English (and, to be fair, though she was bragging, I'm guessing it was true)

Little girl II: 7 years old. Name: Unpronounceable. Looks like the cutest little monkey (and eats fruit like one, too). Thick, black, beautiful hair. Silent. A copy cat who was in love with Stuart.

Little girl III: 2 years old. Described by little girl I as 'short and fat' we thought she was just being mean, but when we saw her: WOW! Plumpest Vietnamese I've ever seen, completely adorable and also mute. (not literally...)

Mother: Pregnant, quiet, adorable.

Uncle Cody (his english name): 10 years old. HILARIOUS. He is going to grow up to be a funny, funny man.

We went to the market with little girl I and II and the glowing pregnant mother.
We played cards, cards, and more cards with girl I girl II and Uncle Cody.
We met fat little girl III and laughed with her and kissed her cheeks.
We played musical chairs to Aqua with I and II.
We listened to I, II and uncle Cody banging on pots and pans to wake us up in the morning, eager to play with us or even just to see us!

Mui Ne = Exhausting but so fun.

Daina, Kris, Stu, and I (when we managed to get out of the hotel), decided we would take a jeep tour to the sand dunes.
Mui Ne is the Sahara of Vietnam.

The jeep looked like it could fall apart at a moments notice... which made the tour all the more awesome.
The white dunes were phenomenal.
We walked around them for about an hour (a little hard to walk, very hot, but awesome).
Trying to 'slide' down the dunes was an utter disaster (and hilarious) and I got some video footage that I'm looking forward to showing friends when we get home.
When we got out at the red dunes, a bunch of kids swarmed the jeep and started playing cards (... there were probably 10 of them crammed in there) and when we were supposed to leave they threw the cards everywhere, and confused, we sat on them on the way home, wondering if our driver knew the kids...

And poof, before we knew it, the dream that was Mui Ne was over and we were heading to HCMC... aka Saigon.
I'm pretty sure this is the motorbike capital of the world.
Unbelievable.

Our hotel is totally awesome. Free breakfast, free bananas, free coffee/tea/juice all day, and free dinner!

Today we went to see war, war, and more war.

We went to the Cu Chi tunnels (which are insane, wow.) If you don't know what they are, look them up. We even went down in them!

Some people shot guns (not me!!!) and then we went to the 'American War Museum'
ps Vietnam calls the Vietnam War the American war. Makes sense, right?

Who hates war?
Who hates knowing the incredible torture inflicted on people during war?

ME

Who was oblivious to everything that happens during war other than bombing, guns, planes, and tanks?

ME

Ew. War is my least favorite thing to hear about.

Now we're talking to an Aussie and a Brit and learning their lingo.

BYE!

PS Tomorrow we leave for CAMBODIA!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment